The USAID Indonesia Urban Water Sanitation and Hygiene (IUWASH) project is a
sixty-month program funded by the United States Agency for International
Development (USAID) and implemented under the leadership of DAI. IUWASH
works with government, the private sector, NGOs, community groups and other
stakeholders to improve access to safe water supply and sanitation in
Indonesia’s urban areas.
IUWASH project is currently recruiting for *three positions of The Grants
and Procurement Assistant* will be based in:
1. Semarang regional office
2. Surabaya regional office
3. Makassar regional office
The Grants and Procurement Assistant will support both the Grants Manager
and Administrative & Procurement Officer execute procedural operations
within these two components of the project. Under the Grants component, the
Grants and Procurement Assistant will assist the Grants Manager with
observing the development of RFAs/APS, soliciting bids, preparing paperwork
for Grant evaluations, preparing grant agreements and modifications and
reviewing grantee project and financial reports. Likewise, under Procurement
Management, the Grants and Procurement Assistant will coordinate the
procurement process of project commodities and services from initiation to
– Assist Grants Manager in managing all aspects in grants administration:
– Work in collaboration with Regional Coordinator in identifying
activities and partners and report to the Grants Manager prior to developing
program description or scope of work.
– Review the respective program description/scope of work developed by
technical specialist/Regional Coordinator before making specific RFAs or
– Assist in development and issuance RFAs and APSs and facilitate process
for compliance with Grants Manual and Implementation Plan.
– Work with Grants Manager to provide administrative support during grant
– Prepare reports as needed.
– Other tasks assigned by GM.
– Assist AO in coordinating the procurement process of project
commodities and services from initiation to closing.
– Ensure all non-expendable and expendable supplies and equipment are
conducted in accordance with the USAID IUWASH project procurement
– Ensure roles, responsibility and authority function for each
procurement threshold is followed.
– Under the directions of Admin and Procurement Officer assists in
procuring commodities and monitoring blanket purchase order agreements.
– Ensure that all data base are in the USAID IUWASH TAMIS.
– Other tasks assigned by AO.
– Bachelor’s degree in Accountant, Economics, Communication Studies,
Environmental Engineering, Social Science, or Business Administration from
recognized national or private universities;
– A minimum 5 years of progressively experience in development work
particularly in procurement management and grant administration, and at
least five years of experience in managing development projects with large
donor agencies preferably with USAID projects;
– Fluent in English (written and oral).
– Must have a thorough knowledge of procurement and grant management
skill and understand the rules, regulations and procedures on procurement of
goods and services and grant making;
– A good knowledge of local non-U.S Non-Governmental Organization working
profile with foreign donors;
– Must have computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet, graphic and
statistic, and internet; and
– Must be willing and able to travel extensively to cluster areas in the
Please send a cover letter and curriculum vitae to
IUWASH.firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2011. Please include the name of
the position and location you are applying for in the title of the email.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and interviewed. No phones or
email inquiries.* *