The USAID Indonesia Urban Water Sanitation and Hygiene (IUWASH) project is a
sixty-month program funded by the United States Agency for International
Development (USAID) and implemented under the leadership of DAI. IUWASH
works with government, the private sector, NGOs, community groups and other
stakeholders to improve access to safe water supply and sanitation in
Indonesia’s urban areas.
The IUWASH project is currently recruiting for *four positions of The
Regional Project Accountant* will be based in:
1. Semarang regional office
2. Surabaya regional office
3. Makassar regional office
4. Medan regional office
Her/his responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
– Understand the chart of accounts and ensure that field costs are coded
– Provide complete and accurate financial reports on a regular basis.
– Review and send field reports to the Jakarta Office in a timely manner.
– Complete the Field Data Processing Request (FDPR) form, which
summarizes cash movements and total expenditure costs for the FERs and
submit to Jakarta Office
– Ensure timely transfers of cash to and financial reporting from IUWASH
field offices to IUWASH Jakarta.
– Complete bank reconciliations in accordance with the schedule.
– Oversee budgeting processes in the region.
– Collaborate closely with component technical staff and administration
department for tracking accruals, commitments, upcoming expenses and
budgetary inputs and changes.
– Track field costs to ensure that the field office costs do not run over
– Manage cash availability in local bank accounts and request wire
transfer from Jakarta office. As part of the Grants Management Task
Force, assist on the reviewing grant financial report from the grantee and
coordinate closely with Procurement and Grant Assistant and Grant Manager
The Regional Project Accountant will report to the Regional Coordinator as
the Primary Supervisor and to Finance Officer as the Secondary Supervisor.
Bachelor degree in an applicable field and a minimum of five years
accounting and financial management experience in a donor funded program.
Experience processing payroll and knowledge of tax and JAMSOSTEK withholding
processes. Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel a must. Excellent
communication skills both in English and Bahasa Indonesia. Experience with
USAID programs highly desirable.
*APPLICATION SEND: *
Please send a cover letter and curriculum vitae to
IUWASH.firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2011. Please include *the name of
the* *position and location* you are applying for in the title of the email.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.